What’s so great about Drupal?
Drupal is the world’s most popular Enterprise grade open source CMS (Content Management System). Itomic are proud to specialise in and support Drupal.
Drupal has matured over the years into a high quality and enterprise ready open source CMS. It is an excellent, high return, low risk, choice for your next Enterprise grade website project, for many reasons including:
It’s Open Source which means that it’s:
- FREE and there are no license fees to use the software.
- supported and contributed to by a large global community of passionate developers.
- easy to find other developers or companies who can work with the same technology (unlike a proprietary system which often requires specialist insider knowledge). This means there’s no vendor lock in – in other words no forced attachment to your developer, and you can find another if your developer isn’t looking after you!
What’s more Drupal:
- is high quality, tried and tested, and mature – its future is looking long and bright!
- facilitates rapid development – allowing us to get results quickly.
- is feature rich and highly customisable and flexible due to the availability of thousands of modules that extend it’s core functionality.
- if your needs are complex, or become complex, Drupal can deliver.
- makes it easy for administrators to manage website content.
- is built with the future in mind – and considers emerging technologies.
Organisations around the globe who are now using Drupal include:
- Prime Minister of Australia
- The White House
- Greater London Authority
- Monty Python
- Sony Ericsson
- General Motors
- The World Bank
- Kofi Annan