It’s Open Source which means that it’s:
- FREE and there are no license fees to use the software.
- supported and contributed to by a large global community of passionate developers.
- easy to find other developers or companies who can work with the same technology (unlike a proprietary system which often requires specialist insider knowledge). This means there’s no vendor lock in – in other words no forced attachment to your developer, and you can find another if your developer isn’t looking after you!,
What’s more WordPress:
- facilitates rapid development – allowing us to get results quickly.
- is feature rich and highly customisable and flexible due to the availability of thousands of plugins that extend it’s core functionality.
- makes it easy for administrators to manage website content.
- is built with the future in mind – and considers emerging technologies.
Organisations around the globe who are now using WordPress as part of their digital portfolio include:
- The New York Times
Here at Itomic we choose to build on WordPress when speed of delivery and/or budget are key considerations.