What is SEO?
SEO (or ‘Search Engine Optimisation’) is a form of online marketing where work is completed to your website that makes you rank with popular search engines. (such as Google, Bing and Yahoo)
There’s a various combination of elements that go into an effective SEO campaign. It will typically consist of the following major components:
- Competitor & market analysis
- Tailored content development (e.g. articles, blog entries)
- Trusted directory submissions
- Onsite SEO (meta tags, targeted key-phrases etc)
- Offsite SEO (link building, social interaction, brand reputation)
- Performance enhancements (e.g. Page loads)
How much does it cost?
A quick research will show this seems to be a subjective topic in the world of SEO, there is a great variance in prices depending on who and where the service is coming from.
Much like social media campaigns the actual work doesn’t require a rocket scientist, rather understanding the value of time will help you better appreciate the costs involved on an ongoing basis to free up the resources to produce the results together with a carefully thought out strategy.
Before taking on any SEO expert/company, ensure they practice what they preach on their own website.
Sometimes basic SEO work is presented in many different packages with a range of solutions and guarantees offered, it can quickly become confusing to navigate through.